Thursday, 19 December 2013

Luxury Peppermint Hot Chocolate!

Hi Foodies!

Yes. You may have thought hot chocolate couldn't get any better. But, Ladies and Gentleman, it has. 

No longer do you need to rely on Starbucks for your sweet fix - check out this simple recipe for a not so simple, luxury peppermint hot chocolate!

(This is actually my second festive drink of the season so far - 
see my homemade cinnamon spice latte here!)
Not obligatory to be enjoyed with a big slice of rocky road but let's face it - why wouldn't you?
Ingredients (for 1 large mug of heaven)

250 ml of milk (or you could use half cream/half milk!)
50 grams of dark chocolate
4 generous drops of mint essence (or you could swap for orange or vanilla essence!)
4-6 marshmallows (no limit really here!!)
1/2 tbsp of cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Whipped cream to top if you fancy!

When making this, I found blasting Michael Buble's Christmas album very helpful to get you in the festive mood - just a little tip!
1) Simply heat through the milk, cocoa, spices, essence and chocolate chunks in a pan on a low heat. I also added one of the marshmallows to gently melt for a thicker texture! This should take around 4-5 minutes on a low heat. 

2) When warm through, raise the heat a little to get the now throughly combined mixture nice and hot (but be careful not to burn) for around a minute or two and then pour into your favourite festive mug!

3) Now the fun bit- just top off with your marshmallows and cream if using, and sip away! 
Can we just take a moment to discuss how delectable this looks....
This is literally chocolate heaven in a mug. Enjoy!


P.S I think these would go really well with my Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Swirlers!


3 comments:

  1. I almost got some marshmallows at the shops yesterday but put them back! Wish I had bought them now, might have to get some before Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm!Thanks for the excellent recipe))Grear post!Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know in my blog. xoxo
    http://www.elationofcreation.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! This looks so good ! hehe, I love mint hot chocolate and I actually just picked up marshmallows today!!
    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you guys! Feel free to let me know what is on your mind :)