Friday, 13 December 2013

Festive Update!

Hi Foodies!

This week has been a busy one for me with exams, essays looming and moving back home for the Christmas holidays!

Here are a few of the more festive snapshots of my week so far:


Yes, I have a red Starbucks Christmas mug -  could I be any more predictable?! I love having a mug of tea with a festive treat - we have a whole stash of them including Yule log  -Turkish Delight - Jelly Fruits and Mince Pies to name just a few! This definitely is the season to be jolly - after this month I may even have a stomach similar to the guy in red!

My ultimate Christmas goodie however as chocolate lebkucken - German Christmas bakes similar to a cakey gingerbread often filled with apricot jam... YUM. I love having a couple of these in front of a Christmas movie (as you can see we have a few to chose from) and a crackling log fire :)

The large picture is my gorgeous paper advent calendar -I always feel very sophisticated opening up a little door to find a pretty picture everyday as apposed to a chocolate.... that is what I tell myself every day anyway :P  But the picture are so sweet and being so thin and light it meant I could easily carry it back home with me in my packing.



How adorable are these chocolate brussel sprouts!! They are from M & S and I think we will be using them to decorate our Christmas table :) Check out my post about these green beauties here!

I hope you are all enjoying the festive season so far and are staying warm and cosy :)
What are your favourite goodies this time of year?

2 comments:

  1. that paper advent calender is so sweet! it really brings back memories of wanting to eat all the chocolates in one sitting as a child. They were so small ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I actually did eat all of mine in one go when I was younger!! I just was TOO excited :)

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you guys! Feel free to let me know what is on your mind :)