Monday, 16 December 2013

Festive Goodies - Chocolate Covered Apple Rings!

 Hi Foodies!

Keeping up with the current trend on The Pescetarian Pantry, today's post is a rather festive themed idea which I think makes a great last-minute Christmas gift!

These chocolate-covered apple rings are so simple, so easy and so, so perfect for any fruity chocolate lover out there. They literally take minutes to make and, funnily enough, minutes to eat!!


Very commonly found in German Christmas markets - you can literally alter the toppings to suit you. I have gone for a selection of milk, dark and coconut covered rings here but I also think cranberries, seeds and crushed nuts would make great alternatives! 

Ingredients 


1 large bag of apple rings
2 x 100grams chocolate bars (I have gone for one milk, one dark)
Your willpower (to not eat them all at once!)

1) In 2 separate bowels over shallow boiling water, gently melt the bars of chocolate until smooth. When melted remove the pans from the heat but keep the bowls over the pans as otherwise the chocolate may set.

2) Using a fork, dip the rings into the chocolate, shake of the excess and leave to set on greaseproof paper. If you are using an extra topping such as coconut, drop the dipped apple into the topping and thoroughly cover! 

3) These should take around 1-2 hours to set in the fridge and then will keep in a sealed container for up to one week - but believe me they will will not hang around that long, at least in my house!!

These make a lovely festive gift :)


2 comments:

  1. They look fab! I'm going to make some chocolate dipped dried figs and mango with sea salt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW I love the sound of the mango with sea salt version!

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you guys! Feel free to let me know what is on your mind :)