Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Healthy Pizza Ready In Minutes!

Hey there Foodie!

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will be aware of my love affair with pizza. I just cannot get enough of the stuff! 

So you can imagine how happy I was to find a simple and easy recipe which means I can eat just as much pizza without feeling guilty - this recipe is definitely a new favourite!!


Ingredients

1 large wholemeal pitta bread (ideally 180 calories or less)
Homemade tomato sauce (simple recipe here)
Half a mozzarella ball (I used a half fat version)
Any toppings you like! I used:
Orange pepper
Pesto
Spring onion
Dried basil & pesto


1) Simply grill the pitta for 1-3 minutes on a low heat to get it nice and crispy then top with your toppings!

2) Grill for another 5-10 minutes until the toppings are lovely and melted and the base is brown and crispy.


And there we go! So simple, & best of all it takes minutes to throw together.

The whole pizza is only around 350 calories & tastes amazing - & that spoken from a pizza connoisseur so it must be true!

2 comments:

  1. It is always great to discover simple and easy recipes - they are the perfect ones for a quick lunch when you are already starving or a quick dinner when you are too tired to drag your butt to the grocery store after work!

    lovefromberlin.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly - always glad when I find another!

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you guys! Feel free to let me know what is on your mind :)